lördag 17 mars 2012

More direction and places

Directions
Listening test
help someone to get to the right place
Game
Prepositions
test in or on

Translate to Swedish!
Can you tell me how to get to.......
It’s on the left side.
It’s to the right
Go straight ahead.
Follow the street
It’s opposite the ....
It’s between ......
It’s across the street
It’s next to...
Where is the bank?

Read with a friend!
Directions to the Museum
Tourist: Excuse me, can you help me? I'm lost!

Person: Certainly, where would you like to go?

Tourist: I'd like to go to the museum, but I can't find it. Is it far?

Person: No, not really. It's about a 5 minute walk.

Tourist: Maybe I should call a taxi ...

Person: No, no. It's very easy. Really. (pointing) I can give you directions.

Tourist: Thank you. That's very kind of you.

Person: Not at all. ... Now, go along this street to the traffic lights. Do you see them?

Tourist: Yes, I can see them.

Person: Right, at the traffic lights, turn left into Queen Mary Avenue.

Tourist: Queen Mary Avenue.

Person: Right. Go straight on. Take the second left and enter Museum Drive.

Tourist: OK. Queen Mary Avenue, straight on and then the third left, Museum Drive.

Person: No, it's the SECOND left.

Tourist: Ah, right. The second street on my left.

Person: Right. Just follow Museum Drive and the museum is at the end of the road.

Tourist: Great. Thanks again for your help.

Person: Not at all. 
(Text from: http://esl.about.com)


Go to exercise and answer the questions about the text.

http://esl.about.com/library/quiz/bl_musuem.htm

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar